Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

VESRAH


I picked these pads up at Interbike 2011.  I remember the name from my motorcycle days.  Vesrah is a big manufacturer of brake pads and has been around a long time, so even though they were set up in a small both I thought it worth looking into.

These brake pads are labeled "downhill" because they are sintered, meaning there is more metal, presumably brass, in the pad compound. Sintered pads last longer and are good for  muddy or grimy conditions since they can last longer.

The Vesrah pads are very powerful, much more so than the stock pads - any stock pads I have ever used.

I mounted these front and rear on my play bike, a 5 inch travel Giant Trance.  They are working great and are as strong as the day I installed them.  Through use and abuse they have remained in excellent condition.  Other pads seem to accumulate contaminates and need cleaning to restore them, but I have not experienced that with these.

I was considering going to a 180mm rotor up front instead of my current 160mm rotor, especially when bike packing.  Adding 30-40 more pounds of gear to the moving mass increases stopping distance, so a larger rotor would help that.  With these pads I have decided that 160mm rotors are just fine.

After bike packing I can sympathize with riders who are much heavier than me.  The bike handles different, it takes longer to stop it too.  If your a rider who is anything other than a svelte uber-racer then I would recommend these pads.  Bottom line: They Stop.

Vesrah Bicycle Pad has 33 product ranges for most popular caliper and 
all pads are made with motorcycle pad technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment